Are there different kinds of sedation?
Yes, there are 3 Levels of Sedation
- Mild sedation: Your anxieties are relieved, but you are totally conscious and able to respond throughout the procedure.
- Moderate sedation: Takes you to a much more relaxed state, although you are still conscious and able to respond. However, you aren’t going to remember much of your experience.
- Deep sedation or general anesthesia (GA): When we administer deep sedation/GA, you will go into a deep sleep and be unconscious for the entire time.
Who qualifies for sedation services?
Most patients qualify for the peaceful, time-saving experience of being given sedation. However, special preparations may be required for the following:
- Certain heart conditions
- Suffer from asthma
- Other medical conditions identified
How much for sedation services cost?
Please contact our office to obtain information about the fee-for-service.
Will insurance pay for sedation?
The fee for service is as low as possible because many dental insurance policies do not cover office-based anesthesia. Patients can check with their insurance carrier to determine if the anesthesia claim is reimbursable.
I couldn’t be happier with my experience. The ability to provide safe, hospital-quality anesthesia in my dental office has positively impacted patients and the practice. Anesthesia Connections makes it so easy.
- Dr. Will Monacell, DDS, FICOI ( Midlothian Family Dentistry - Richmond, VA )